Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Marché


Em-J and I were supposed to go to Shan's BBQ party at Bedok but his schedule was a bit tight and the place was quite far so we opted to have just a quick dinner at 313. I chose Marché since Choy, Tin and I had lunch there last Saturday and I was craving for their food again.

We arrived at a little past 8 and the queue was crazy long. Em-J was asking if I really wanted to wait and I do.


Marché opened at 313@Somerset just last December. It seats a total of 400 guests and serves fresh, healthy and organic food. It's a concept restaurant and dining in here is indeed an experience. You get transported to Switzerland once you head down to the main dining area.


If you want a quick fix, you can choose from freshly baked breads right by the entrance or get a grilled sandwich.



This is the main entrance of the restaurant. You then have to head down to the dining area where you get greeted by cute animals.



Once inside, you are given a Marché Restaurant card which you have to use to purchase your meals ala Streetlife. This I think is a stroke of genius on the part of the restaurant as you unknowingly spend more than you would care to. :p


The interiors are impressive and lovely. You really get to enjoy your food as the interiors evoke a sense of serenity. (I wasn't able to take a lot of pictures as I was told that they don't allow it. I had to use my mobile phone for most of the pictures here so some might be a bit blurred.)


They offer a wide range of healthy food selections. Choy, Tin and I didn't know what to order first as everything seemed to be appetizing. Good thing I already knew what to order today as Em-J wasn't really one to make any decisions.

Highlights are fresh seafood, homemade ravioli, wood-fired pizza, Swiss Rosti, grilled meats and sausages, roasted chicken, paella, fresh salads, savoury crepes.


Here's what we had:

Pork Knuckle, crispy and juicy.
Must try.
SGD 18.90


Sirloin Steak, very tender and tasty.
Must try.
SGD 16.90


Fresh fruit juice.
SGD 5.90 each


Waffle with Fruit and Ice Cream, one of my favorites. If I wasn't so full, I would've ordered another one.
Must Have!
Waffle - SGD 7.50
Ice Cream - SGD 4.90

and of course plain rice which you can order from the soup counter.

I was also able to try the following:

Soup - Must Try. (SGD 3.50)

Margaritta Pizza - Skip It. Nothing special and seriously lacked toppings. (SGD 16.90)

Seafood Paella - Skip It. Unless you're really craving for one. (SGD 15.90)

Coarse Pork Sausage, Garlic Pork Sausage  - Skip It. They are quite tasty but I don't think they're worth it.  (SGD 6.90 each)

Savoury Crepe - Must Try. I will go back if only for this. (SGD 10.90)

When to best go? Just before lunch time. Also, be prepared to queue a lot. I wasn't able to try their Swiss Rosti till now since that kitchen is always busy. The steaks and pork knuckle are also snatched up pretty quickly so order them immediately once they're available.

4 comments:

selle said...

carlo youre killing me at 6 in the morning! super nice place! and pork knuckle a.k.a. pata! waaah! great post! you inspire me to really go back to true blue blogging! looking forward for your future entries! :)

Carlo said...

selle...sarap dyan! pag dumalaw ka, punta tayo. na-start mo na uli yung blog mo. sana tuloy tuloy na tyo. hehe.

Unknown said...

Dear Carlo
Thank you very much for your visit and your comment! It is great to hear that you liked our concept and our decoration.
Next time you must try the "Rösti". I'm sure you will like them! In regards to the toppings of the pizzas and the Paella please be informed that we change our toppings every now and then so next time you might like them better. Our restaurant manager, to whom I also forwarded your input, will also check if maybe other ingredients should be tried.

It would be great to have you soon again with us and we wish you all the best!

Fresh regards,
Nicole from Marché International HQ in Switzerland

Carlo said...

Hi Nicole!

Thank you for taking the time to personally leave a message. I'll definitely be back to try your other offerings. Glad that you're expanding in Asia to let us experience this one of a kind concept restaurant.

Site Stats