Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

MeatWorks

*photos taken by Em-J's 9700

I was craving for some steak last Friday and as I was going around ION, I saw the "Brontosaurus"poster of MeatWorks which kind of sold it for me. (It's supposed to be a monster of a steak meant for sharing.) I called Em-J and since he was near the area and he hasn't had dinner yet, we agreed to meet up.


The wait staff who welcomed us, made recommendations and took our orders was friendly and professional. Em-J was not really much of a steak eater so he decided on the salmon. I wanted the Brontosaurus but it says on the menu that it takes an hour to prepare, also, since Em-J didn't want red meat, I figured it would go to waste cause there is no way that I can finish the entire thing. I settled for the Striploin.



Em-J then talked about how hungry he was, I talked about how I'm excited to finally have steak. We talked about watching the Rocky Horror show. We talked about Lion King. We talked about Manila. We talked about a lot of things but our order never came. 

I followed up twice. We couldn't believe how it can be taking this long since the restaurant was not even half full. 

The constant dinging of the nearby Chinese restaurant's queue machine (or whatever it's called) was starting to get to me. It kept ringing calling the waiting patrons inside but still no food came. Worse, no one even took just a minute to inform us as to why our orders are taking so long or even offer peanuts for us to munch on.

Finally, after 40 minutes, Em-J's salmon arrived. 


Picture above was untouched and I couldn't help but feel disappointed. The plate looked sloppy and the fries were overcooked and old. If it takes them that long to prepare the dish, I would at least expect the fries to be decent. To their credit, the salmon was delicious. 

My steak was served shortly. 



Again, to their credit, the steak was not dry and cooked just the way I like it. I couldn't care much for the fries and the stir-fried bell peppers. The sauce which the wait staff glowingly recommended was blah. It was just melted butter with some herbs on top. The butter was not even that rich. Give me an A1 sauce anytime. 

Had I known that it would take almost the same time to prepare our orders and prepare the Brontosaurus, I would have settled for the latter. At least our expectations would have been set and we wouldn't have been so pissed. As such, I don't think I'm coming back if I'm paying. 

No comments:

Site Stats