Pages

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Chinese New Year

It's a really crazy month at work so I couldn't really find the time to post as much. We have a full load at work but this month is pretty short and we also have statutory holidays which took away a couple of precious days...but I'm really not complaining, just stating the facts.

Speaking of the holidays, we didn't plan for it so it was spent just at home. I wanted to use this time to finally post all my entries saved as draft but I wasn't able to. It seems to me that if I'm not sleeping, I was cleaning up or doing the laundry, I didn't even go out to exercise. Gah.

The thing with Chinese New Year here is that similar to Holy Week in Manila, almost all of the shops are closed so there's really nowhere to go and nothing much to do. Wednesday was the eve of the holiday and when I got to Plaza Singapura to get my Auntie Anne's fix at around 7pm that evening, they were already almost closed as they were only selling lemonades and dips. No pretzels. The other stores were already closed.

By the end of Thursday, we were already bored out of our wits so Em-J and I decided to go to the MRT station since we heard that one of the supermarkets is open. The supermarket was wiped out so it might very well have been closed.



The freezer was empty except for packets of Crocodile bone and Crocodile Meat.

We had no choice since we can't get ingredients to prepare a home-cooked meal, we headed to KFC and McDonald's, the only other two stores that are open. The queue at KFC was already spilling out, it took  Em-J almost 30 minutes to get his order. I don't know why service is always slow there. It's not as if their menu is varied, they don't even have gravy, spaghetti and rice bowls.


The queue at McDonald's is not much different but thankfully service is very fast.


We both headed home after getting our orders with me swearing to start preparing for CNY next year. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Carlo!
May all the desires of your heart and unfulfilled plans be blessed.

Do remember that you are always loved and protected...

Carlo said...

thank you so much! I appreciate your message. :)

Site Stats