Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Milk Tea Love

Bubble tea shops have been around for a long time but they're weren't as accessible as now, I remember having to troop all the way to Megamall or The Block just to satisfy my craving.

IMG_3172

It's only quite recently that the craze caught on. The only downside is having to queue for a really long time. I remember Rhommel and I getting frustrated at how bad the queue is being handled at Happy Lemon Trinoma with us having to wait for almost 45 minutes just to get our drinks. 

IMG_0372

My first real bubble milk tea experience here in Singapore was with Monica, she introduced me to Koi Cafe and I loved it. 

photo

I then noticed the long queues at Happy Lemon Ion that I decided to give it a try. I found the Green Tea with Rock Salt and Cheese to be a bit weird but found myself craving for it a day after.

IMG_0373

IMG_2983

IMG_0379

I've tried a few other bubble tea places and I more or less liked them except for Share Tea. I don't know why but I just didn't like it.

photo (1)

Back in Manila, Chatime is pretty popular and I loved their place in Pioneer. The bubble tea shops back home are better because they upped it a bit by having sitting areas.

IMG_3113

339259_10150405645938702_718113701_8518043_584181816_o

Moonleaf is fairly new in the business but it is one of my favorites. I loved their Wintermelon drink plus their interiors are nice looking. The pic below is their Sgt. Esguerra branch.

IMG_3162

IMG_3161

With so many choices, my ultimate favorite remains to be Bubble Tea in Megamall. I always felt that they've struggled to find a crowd then but they're still there. They've become a full service restaurant now, I don't mind as long as I still get my milk tea fix with the small bubbles as before. 

IMG_3170

IMG_3174

2 comments:

docgelo said...

my wife loves bubble tea. we tried it years ago at sm north and morato branches.

i like chatime; luckily, we have chatime here in penang.

sayang lang we failed to sample happy lemon when we're on our 3 wk xmas break in pinas last yr.

Carlo said...

sayang nga but chatime is really nice din so ok na din. :)

Site Stats