Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Last Day in Hong Kong

I woke up early on our last day in Hong Kong as I wanted to look for other places that serve Chinese breakfast. To my dismay, while the shops close till late, they also open quite late but all is not lost as I enjoyed my time walking around the vibrant streets.
IMG_8231
IMG_8273
IMG_8233

I went back to the hotel and had macarons for breakfast, we chanced upon LadurĂ©e the other night in Harbour City Mall  and waited it out to get the delectable treats. Surprisingly, the macarons were really affordable. I actually don't remember how much a piece is but it was about 3 SGD, 100 PHP.
IMG_8021
IMG_8042
IMG_8043

At nearly 11, Em-J and I queued to have an authentic Hong Kong diner's experience at Ho Hung Kee. It's a quaint restaurant, no fuss, eat-and-go style. It was fun watching everyone at the restaurant at work.  I figured if I worked there, I wouldn't be able to maintain the kind of energy they have as they're very fast, it reminded me of like Flo of Diner Dash.
IMG_8253
IMG_8244

As we were flying out that day, we decided to just stay within the area where I saw this cool G-Star store.
IMG_8238

We fell in love with the egg tarts from Tai Cheong Bakery that we tried when we were at the Peak, good thing they have a store nearby so we trooped over there to have our fill. 
IMG_7915

We also spent a lot of time in GOD as they have lots of really cool stuff. It doesn't look it from outside but the store is huge! We all day dreamed of living in Hong Kong and filling our flats with the stuff from the store.
IMG_8241

The nearby Lee Gardens where the Apple store is also had Hollister. I loved their video wall outside and how the store is designed.
IMG_8255
IMG_8265

After making a few quick stops at the Goldfish place and having a quick bite, it was time for us to leave.

Their airport is huge and had an amazing ceiling. Tip: If you're catching your flight in Terminal 2 like we did, make sure to eat before clearing immigration as there are not a lot of choices once inside.
IMG_8298
IMG_8295


Ladurée
3F Gateway Arcade
Harbour City, Hong Kong


Ho Hung Kee
2 Sharp Street East
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
+852 2577 6558


Tai Cheong Bakery
42 Jardine's Bazaar
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
+852 3188 9511


GOD
Leighton Centre, Sharp Street East
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong


Hollister
2F Hysan Place
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong


2 comments:

Monica said...

I love the photos in this post Carlo! I agree with you about eating at the HK airport. So much better than the measly meal they serve at the aeroplane! haha!

Carlo said...

I was surprised, actually, after immigration, I was expecting lots of stores like here in SG. We flew budget so we had to pay extra for our meals. Lol!

Site Stats