Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Quick Bite: Slappy Cakes

IMG_1420

It's a bit unfair to write about Slappy Cakes without trying the pancakes that they are known for but while I love pancakes, I don't find the idea of making my own pancake very appealing so we skipped those.  

The restaurant looks like a classy cafe.

IMG_1421 IMG_1425

Em-J's vanilla milkshake (P180) was sickeningly sweet.  I took one sip and put it down. 

IMG_1426

The Pork Belly Benedict (P350) could be livened up a bit, the colors were dull.  Thankfully, they made up for it in terms of flavor.  I loved it and the pork belly in place of the ham works. 

IMG_1428

The Topsy Tapa (P250) was just okay.  I honestly don't remember my impression of the dish anymore.

IMG_1430

We ordered a side of Crispy Bacon (P100) which I found to be a bit too pricey for two sad looking bacon. 

IMG_1431




Slappy Cakes
Unit 105A 
SM Jazz Residences
Jupiter St. cor. N. Garcia
Bel-Air, Makati

2 comments:

Ruds said...

Looooviing your blog!

Carlo said...

Thanks! :) Your blog is also very interesting.

Site Stats