Pages

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Ghost the Musical, Manila



Ghost the Musical is currently on its last weekend at the RCBC Plaza and I urge you not to miss this theatrical adaptation.

The musical may not be as popular as the recent behemoth, "Wicked" but what it lacks in spectacle, it more than makes up for its heart.

I wasn't familiar with any of the songs and was surprised to find out they have been written by Glen Ballard of Jagged Little Pill and Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics.  The songs cut across different genres but my favorite would have to be Three Little Words.  Listen.




I have seen the movie a few times but I wasn't too sure if it would translate well on stage so my expectations were low but I was blown away.  I loved it and it appears that I wasn't the only one.  Thanks to social media, you can vouch for whatever it is that I'm saying by the reactions of the netizens, celebrities and ordinary folks, like me, alike.


















































Reviews from major broadsheets have also been mostly positive. 






Plus, aside from the very heartfelt performances of Cris Villonco (you can feel her pain) and Christian Bautista, Ima Castro brings the house down.  Aren't you curious as to how this scene is translated on stage?


Last 5 performances this weekend!  
Tickets are available at Ticketworld.  



5 comments:

Erika Cua said...

"Reviews from major broadsheets have also been positive." Isn't that misleading, since you left out the not-so-enthusiastic review from THE Inquirer? http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/158657/in-ghost-the-musical-something-is-really-dead

Just a bothered reader here. :)

Anonymous said...

'saw it 2x already! and I still want to go back to RCBC this weekend to watch it once again!'can't get enough of Ghost, the musical Manila!I so love Sam!:)

Carlo said...

@Erika Cua - I've made the correction, sorry about that. Don't really give much weight to THE Inquirer.

@anon - Really glad to hear that.

elay said...

I don't give a damn what the inquirer reviewer said. I'm so excited to see it again for the nth time this Sunday!:)

Carlo said...

@elay - It's one negative review over the many positive ones. :)

Site Stats