Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Rubber Slippers

I know a lot of people who love shoes so much they swoon at shoe shops. Huge bookstores do that to me but not the shoe shop. For me, so long as I have a working formal and casual wear, I'm good. I'd sooner buy a new pair of slippers than shoes.

And slippers it is, I saw this great looking slipper covered with thin wood slats at a stall during the Chinese New Year celebration. I didn't think it would last long but it was so unique that I bought it. I was wrong, it was I who didn't last. It was painful using it being that it didn't mold to the contours of the feet. And in a country where long walks are highly encouraged, I simply had to give up! So off I went to look for a sturdy and comfortable rubber slippers for my long hot walks. Being a cheapo that I am, Havaianas simply won't make the cut...even OP won't make it. It took me three days to finally see one that I like and one that my budget would allow. It's a bargain at $13, though I know that I can get it at a fifth of that price at SM.

No comments:

Site Stats