Pages

Friday, October 06, 2006

Doughnut Fan


I am a doughnut fan!

I remember the opening of the first ever Dunkin Donuts store in Zamboanga. I was there visiting with my cousin and the place was packed. I was really disappointed when my uncle decided to just leave because waiting in queue for half an hour is simply out of the question. Not for me.

Fast forward to many years ahead, my friends and I would troop to The Fort after our shift and wait in line for more than half an hour just to get our share of Gonuts Donuts.

Because of the success of Gonuts, many people tend to compare it with Dunkin Donuts. (The long time market leader in the country). I prefer not to do that since the doughnuts are completely different and I love both! Nevermind if have Joey de Leon as their endorser. Apart from that, my only complaint is that their doughnuts are getting smaller by the minute.

On November 16, Krispy Kreme will open it's flagship store here in Manila also at The Fort where Gonuts opened it's first store...and I am excited!

1 comment:

selle said...

Carlo..fast forward from your very old post last july to october ha! nice to read something new in your blog! oo nga, nabasa ko sa inquirer about krispy kreme! at last mkakatikim na din ako. hehehe. miss u!

Site Stats