Pages

Monday, November 13, 2006

Bedridden


I got out of the hospital last Friday but was still in a lot of pain the past few days that sitting in front of the computer for more than 15 minutes is impossible.

Apart from the pain, my stay at The Medical City was a pleasant experience. Everyone at the hospital, but one, was friendly. This helped in removing the atmosphere of being in one. The nurses took time out to ensure that I was as comfortable as possible. The headnurses from the ER and the floor also visited to see if there was anything else that I needed. It was a small gesture but one that is very much appreciated. Food was also good. We actually looked forward to every meal that is served at the hospital. A far cry from the usual hospital fare that looks and tastes bland.

It would have been the best experience had it not been for the technician who took my x-ray. I was in a lot of pain and can barely stand but he did nothing to assist me. He probably enjoyed the fact that I was wincing in pain trying to manage to walk to the x-ray table, how much more getting on top of it. Sweet revenge for rousing him from his sleep? Oh well, you can't have everything.

I am also thankful to Clarice and Ruby who stayed with me at the ER from 2am till 11am, nevermind if they have people waiting for them. To my sister and cousin who stayed with me day in and day out trying to get by with as little sleep as they can manage and also to Oliver who stayed during my last night to let my sister and cousin finally get some rest.

I was instructed by the doctor to stay in bed for two days straight. It was not as boring as I thought it would be but I got addicted to Pinoy Dream Academy being that it was on more than once daily.

2 comments:

selle said...

Carlo! What happened to you? Sana nadalaw man lang kita since Im near Medical City. I hope youre okay now. My prayers for you. Mwahh!

Carlo said...

Severe back pain pero ok na ko ngayon. Hehe. Thanks! Sana pala tinxt kita pero kasi di ko alam na lapit ka lang dun.

Site Stats