Pages

Monday, November 20, 2006

Fleur de Lys


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Feeling extremely bored and craving for coffee late on a Saturday night, I asked my sister out. We went to Fleur de Lys, a dessert place in Tomas Morato that Choy recommended almost five years ago. (Despite the fact that I used to live just a few blocks away, I never got around to visiting the place. I finally got to try their food just this year with Glenn while looking for a not so ordinary coffee place.)

Falling in love with their dessert waffles, we went back the following day. The waffles were great, both the dessert and savory ones. We had the bacon waffle and for the dessert variety, we had the mangoes, banana, and the one pictured above, strawberry. (If you're not fond of strawberry jams, skip it.) In fact, it's the only complaint that we have. The waffle was already heavily soaked in the syrup, making it really sweet, that my sister heaved a sigh of relief after finishing it. The rest of the waffles are really good. For the banana waffle, they used peanut butter as their syrup. How imaginative is that? The mangoes and cream had caramel syrup, defintely my favorite.

We also tried a couple of their cakes, pictured above is "Joaquin and Fleur de Lys" their own version of a chocolate mousse. I might be mistaken but I believe I read in their menu that this has a hint of Bailey's but I was not able to taste it. This is a little plain for me, it kind of tasted like KFC's chocolate mousse but it's still good. It doesn't leave you with the heady chocolate taste.

The place is affordable, coffees are priced from 95 - 125. The waffles from 100 - 150 and cakes from 90 - 125. This is a great alternative from the very commercial coffee shops around. If you're in the area, make sure you drop by. They are sharing the same building as Popular bookstore and Belo's. Hard to miss.

We'll definitely be back.

No comments:

Site Stats