Pages

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Moose Murders



Rep opens their 70th season with Moose Murders. I haven't heard of the play so I decided to read about it online and was frankly surprised at Rep's decision. The first thing that came to mind was why "Moose Murders"?

It is notorious as a famous broadway flop closing it's doors to the public only after one performance.

"So when people ask me if I saw Moose Murders, I have to answer: "Yes and no." For I lasted--I mean this--11 minutes, still the shortest time I've ever spent at a show."

'"as soon as the curtain went up on a rustic lodge in which several moose heads were mounted. "Though the heads may be hunting trophies," Frank Rich of the New York Times would later write, "one cannot rule out the possibility that these particular moose committed suicide shortly after being shown the script that trades on their good name."

"Those of us who have witnessed the play that opened at the Eugene O’Neill Theater last night will undoubtedly hold periodic reunions, in the noble tradition of survivors of the
Titanic"

'I asked Gable if she knew that Moose Murders stunk by the time she got to page four. "I knew it was very weird," she conceded. "I didn't want to take the job, but my agent at the time said to take the money and run.'

If Rep decided to gamble on this play then I guess they must have seen something good in it. I will keep mum about it until after I see the play.

Sidenote: Tickets to Zsazsa Zaturnnah Ze Muzikal are selling fast! Get your tickets now!

No comments:

Site Stats