Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Secret Indulgence

One of my secret indulgences nowadays is primetime bida's teleserye.  It's not really much of a secret being that almost everyone that I know are addicted to at least one among the current primetime line-up so it amost always ends up as one of our topics of discussions.

I have to admit that I haven't really followed any of their soap operas.  True, there are series that I liked but I haven't been addicted as Clarice and Em-J have been to Sana Maulit Muli and Clarice to Lobo. 

When I was still working for ABS, my very first daily show was Lorna's teleserye and even that, I didn't follow.  The moment that it was reassigned to someone else, I also stopped watching it. Sure, I like it but I haven't been a fanatic.  How could I be, having to watch all the local shows day in and day out is sure to make one crazy.  Not to mention that I also monitor the competing teleserye at GMA which I absolutely hate!  To give you an idea, daily, I watch Angelika's soap followed by Tanya Garcia's soap.  After that, I switch to video to watch the taped episodes of Lorna's soap followed by Juday's soap.  (I do admit that it was a fun way to make a living.)

Anyway, I noticed that the teleseryes have come a long way...a really really long way.  It's still under the helm of the same creative forces at ABS and I wonder why it took them this long to finally make series with fully developed storylines.  True, they still follow the same formula but at least you no longer need to wait a year for them to locate the diary.  

Carie, our previous coordinator at ABS mentioned that she is organizing a reunion of our previous team with Sir Ricky, still the creative director of one of the drama depts there.  I really can't wait to tell him that now, I truly am a fan of his teleserye. 

I like Betty because I love how strong the family values are, also Wendy Valdez is a revelation.  Likewise, Vhong Navarro whose brand of comedy irritates me is simply likeable here.  

I like Iisa Pa Lamang because of their over the top dialogues.  

I like Kahit Isang Saglit because of the storyline and because of Carmen Soo and because I get to appreciate once more how great an actor Jericho is.  I'm not a fan of him especially after the "Heart-Jericho" episodes but he is pure talent here. 

By the way, Oliver, Clarice, Cha, Myles, Chammy and I have already made this our daily habit.

No comments:

Site Stats