Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Marriott Vacation Club


After church two Sundays ago, I saw the Marriott Vacation Club setup at Vivo City. They were offering good hotel rates for Marriott hotels so I approached them to inquire if they have an existing offer for the Marriott in Manila. I spoke to their representative, Brian, a fellow pinoy. He told me that they don't have packages in Manila but they have a few properties with very affordable rates but the catch is I have to attend a timeshare presentation at their office. I agreed and he booked an appointment for me to go to their office the following Sunday.

Come Sunday, Clarice and I went all the way to Suntec at City Hall where their offices are located. It was quite a long trip only to be terribly disappointed. The guard at the Suntec Offices lobby told us that the Marriott office was closed but I showed him my appointment slip so he decided to accompany us up. True enough, it was indeed closed. I am confused as to why this happened. If Marriott Vacation Club can't even keep track of their office hours, I wonder what kind of service they provide if you already signed up and is already a paying member.

So as not to make our trek completely pointless, we decided to have a buffet lunch over at Kuishin Bo. Since I have a sweet tooth, I headed straight to the dessert bar. There were a lot of choices but what made me happy were the chocolate pieces and the mochi balls. I also loved their green tea soft-serve ice cream.


This is my first plate and I have to say everything there is fresh. The tempura was wonderful, so wonderful that Clarice and I had four plates. 


I forgot to take pictures of my succeeding plates but I love Kushin Bo. It just simply doesn't compare to Sakura. Selections were plentiful and of acceptable quality. If there is one thing I regret it's the fact that the crabs were not available. When we asked about it, we were told that they only serve them for dinner.

No comments:

Site Stats