Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Golden Palm Tree, Kuala Lumpur (1 of 3)

An invitation from Em-J to have a weekend getaway led me to Golden Palm Tree in Kuala Lumpur.

GoldenPalmTree_r1_c1

Getting There:

The resort is just a 30-45 minute drive from LCCT and cost me just RM 54 (SGD 22), you have to prepay for your cab fare at one of the official cab stands just outside the airport. The cab driver was complaining though the whole ride on how I got it cheap. Based on my the weekend that I was there, almost all the cab drivers tried to rip us off.

It is actually quite tricky to find but the good thing is that there are a lot of signs placed at right intervals to tell you that you're taking the right route.

The Resort:

This entryway is what immediately welcomes you which leads you to a very inviting lobby.

DSC05331

IMG_1700edit

DSC05332

Since Em-J and Danny were already checked in, they picked me up via buggy and we went straight to our room.

DSC05339

DSC05344

DSC05307

DSC05243

DSC05248

I did love the view from the shower area.

DSC05247

The bed was nice, the towels fluffy and they gave us three pairs of slippers perfect for the beach and wifi was also fairly steady and strong.

DSC05249

It also has a balcony with wonderful views. If we only had snacks and drinks, it would be nice to spend time outside.

DSC05237

DSC05240

I never did figure out what the ladder is for, if it has a purpose beyond aesthetics, I don't know.

DSC05241

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dhya, baka ung ladder is para pag gusto nyong umakyat ng bubong at mag star gazin'. lol.
~eunice

Carlo said...

hehe. yun lang, walang mga stars.

Haini said...

Hi, i m going this Golden Palm resort this June,do you think the taxi fare fm LCCT to this resort charging the same?

Carlo said...

Hi Haini,

I believe it should still be the same, just make sure to get a cab from the authorized taxi stands outside the airport.

Site Stats