Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Starz Buffet

I didn't want to write about the lunch buffet at Starz because of our bad experience but overall I liked the food so might as well. Just an update, no one called me about my complaint, I called them again and was promised another call back but I never heard back from them.

Anyway, on to the purpose of this entry.

DSC04916

We all loved the interiors of the restaurant down to the waiting area of the toilet and the toilet itself.

DSC04924

DSC04973

DSC04974

The restaurant was almost empty at 12 noon and surveying the buffet spread, we noticed that except for ham, there's no beef and pork on the menu. I don't know if it's targeted also to Indian customers cause there's almost three stations dedicated to Indian cuisine.

DSC04932

DSC04933

DSC04934

I'm really not a fan of anything spicy so I skipped the above selections and started with the hot stations.

DSC04931

DSC04929

and a little Japanese fare, breaded chicken.

DSC04935

The roasted meat is yes, chicken. Not turkey, not lamb, not beef.

DSC04930

While curry, vegetables, seafood noodles and roast chicken are not really what I like, the saving grace of the buffet for me are their cold stations.

Potato salad, salmon salad and roasted duck with mango salad. All good!

DSC04936

Chicken with pesto sauce, cold broccoli and tomatoes with mozzarella cheese.

DSC04937

Last but not the least would have to be my favorite, melon with parma ham.

DSC04938

I was also excited about their waffles but it was very disappointing. I'm not sure what they were thinking when they made the waffles but it was crunchy hard and bland, the kind that can cause serious injury to your mouth.

DSC04949

Fortunately, the ice cream was extra rich and nice. They also have mangosteens which I love so dessert was still okay.

DSC04939

DSC04940

DSC04954

As I said, I did enjoy some of the selections but I don't think I'll be coming back anytime soon. There are other buffets that are a bit more accessible with better food selections. 

No comments:

Site Stats