Pages

Friday, November 04, 2011

Sushi Tei

Em-J ordinarily doesn't like anything Japanese so I was a bit surprised when he said that he wants to have dinner at Sushi Tei. He actually posted it as his Facebook status and spelled out Tei as Tae which was of course an easy dig.

IMG_2339

IMG_2341

Both he and Danny couldn't get enough of the fried salmon skin so they ordered heaps, a couple of platefuls and temaki rolls.

IMG_2351

IMG_2349

I'm happy with anything that has avocado or salmon thus my orders.

IMG_2347

IMG_2465
That's a huge avocado slice right below the crab meat.

IMG_2346

I also ordered a tonkatsu but was given a katsudon. I didn't want to cause too much trouble for the waitstaff since it's more or less the same so I didn't complain. I wasn't able to touch it though cause I'm too full by the time it arrived.

IMG_2468

The ika fry and this thing with scallop and cheese were both winners.

IMG_2467

IMG_2471

There were also a couple of orders that I wasn't particularly fond of. I forgot what they're called but this one below tasted like canned tuna and the skewered scallop wasn't too tasty.

IMG_2464

IMG_2469

We then proceeded to order desserts, the three of us ended up with all ice creams. I didn't know that the strawberry pino was an ice cream dessert.

IMG_2473

Em-J couldn't resist the Nama ice cream.

IMG_2472

Danny liked how this strawberry shell looked like and decided on it.

IMG_2474

2 comments:

docgelo said...

did you have to queue or you had reservation for this jap resto? we saw long lines in most food places when we visited paragon mall last august. i would go for restos with long lines of diners, indicative of how great the offerings are, right?

i like japanese. i and my family had some sushi and sahimi few days ago. i love all those in your photos (and also sukiyaki and soft shell crab); the trio of fish roe and temakis had me craving!

Carlo said...

we were lucky cause there was no queue when we got there at exactly 7 but by the time we finished the queue was already crazy long.

Site Stats