Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Magnum Mania

When Magnum was made available in Manila two weeks ago, my Twitter timeline was flooded with Magnum mentions. It was a huge success, so much so that it has already sparked a little negativity on Facebook.

It made me suddenly crave the expensive bars of creamy goodness. I originally didn't pay much attention to Magnum because there are Cadbury ice cream bars available.

CIMG8245

I had a change of heart when I saw the ad below and I've been hooked.



Heist, Benicio del Toro, Bryan Singer and a gold ice cream bar, what's not to like?

Magnum-Gold-59678-big

When I finally found the time, I headed to the grocery and a new flavor caught my eye. Limoncello!

IMG_4133

Except for lemonades, it hurts my throat, I love everything with lemon and this lemon liqueur flavored bar that tasted a bit of candies is not an exception.

IMG_4135

The Irish Cream flavored ones are also good.

IMG_4137

A 6-piece mini costs about $10 (330pesos) which amounts to 55pesos for one mini bar.

Last Sunday, my friends saw this new flavor, the deadliest so far.

IMG_4145

2 caramel layers, 2 chocolate coating and ice cream.

IMG_4142

One bar is about a 5km run. This flavor I won't ever have again, if I can help it.

IMG_4147

A 4-bar box costs $15 (495 pesos), about 120 pesos per bar.

Seeing how pricey the ice cream bars, we got all excited when we saw the Magnum bars in Malaysia being sold cheap at about MYR10 ($4.34, 143pesos) for a 3-bar box!

IMG_4187

We had the Chocolate Truffle since it's not being sold here. It did taste a bit like our Pinipig crunch but a good buy nonetheless.

IMG_4189

7 comments:

Monica said...

Carlo, comparing the taste of the one in London and Manila. The one in Manila, in my opinion, doesn't taste as good. I think the one in SG is closer to the taste in London. Found the one here to be a bit medicinal.

Carlo said...

Ah really? That's why I've been seeing comments that it's all hype.

Hogi said...

Tried the Classic Magnum. Nainis ako because it tasted like ordinary vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate, so I thought it was overpriced. It would probably be another story if meron din dito nung Limoncello and Irish Cream, or at least yung Double Caramel.

Carlo said...

Hogs, maski yung natry namin sa malaysia parang ang plain lang tapos at that price, parang iba na lang ang bibilhin ko.

MrsLavendula said...

OMG there's a limoncello?! i have to try that!

Anonymous said...

Try the Chocolate + Strawberry flavor being sold in NTUC, it's 60% dark choco :)

Carlo said...

@MrsLavendula - I hope it becomes available there soon, it's heavenly. :)

Site Stats