Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Pique Nique Cupcakes

After some heavy lunch, my friends and I were wanting to just sit down and chat. We decided to try the town's newest import, Paul Bakery. It seems, however, that our idea is shared by many judging by the long line. We decided to skip it and head to Pique Nique a few floors down.

IMG_4271

IMG_4267

IMG_4268

As with last time, all but me were not able to resist the all day breakfast menu. And as with our previous experience (check out previous post), they found the food to be a bit ordinary.

IMG_4278

IMG_4279

What made this visit extraordinary would have to be their cupcakes and their extremely friendly staff.

My tummy had very little room left so I decided on just a lemon cupcake and a cup of hot chocolate. The chocolate was dark and thick, just the way I like it. The marshmallow cloud was something to look at, I almost didn't want to eat it. It's lightly sprinkled with sugar to help sweeten the drink.

IMG_4277

The lemon cupcake is actually a pound cake in disguise, again, just the way I like it. Halfway through it, I got a bit of lemony surprised since it has a chunk of lemon cream filling.

IMG_4273

Our gracious waitstaff surprised us with a Red Velvet Cupcake on the house. This was also wonderful, I would've preferred a little more cream cheese on the frosting but the cake itself was divine. The flavor was very subtle, I'm drooling just thinking of it now.

IMG_4272

When we settled our bill, we were surprised with a macaron each. What a way to end our meal.

IMG_4283

1 comment:

docgelo said...

those cupcakes really look divine.
mukhang ang sarap! :)

Site Stats