Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Suvarnabhumi Airport Rail Link

This is a super delayed blogpost. 

Last minute cancellations from my friends, Oliver and Analyn, found me in Bangkok alone last August. Unless it's Manila, I really am not comfortable traveling alone but I found myself liking Bangkok that I don't mind making an exception. 

I loved this digital solari board. (FYI, NAIA is still using the old school solari board.)

bkk

From the airport, I decided to try Suvarnabhumi Airport Rail Link. There are two options available, take the express line (red line) which gets you to the city in 15 mins or the normal line (thin blue line) which makes a few stops and gets you to the city in 30 mins.

wm (1)

I asked the staff there and was advised to just take the city line since the express train isn't scheduled to depart in another 30 mins. I paid about 45 baht (S$2).  

bkk

I ended up waiting for 15 mins before the city train arrived.

bkk

The trip was quite fast and I alighted in Phaya Thai station, this is connected to the main train stations particularly the BTS. As you can see from the map below, Phaya Thai is already near the main tourist destinations such as Siam and Victory Monument.

bts-mrt-map

It can be quite troublesome if you have a big luggage with you since you have to go down a flight of stairs...

bkk

...and then climb back up to get to the main railway.

bkk

I was staying at Sanam Pao station, just two more stops so my entire experience was fairly convenient and fast. It's also cheap as a normal cab fare would set me back about 10 times what I paid for.

No comments:

Site Stats