Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Philippine Bedtime Stories


Once again, thanks to Ms. Yvette, we got to watch Philippine Bedtime Stories last night. I didn't expect that she'd make good on something she said in passing.

Hogi, Micah and I were the first ones to get to Tanghalang HB and we stayed at the lobby briefly discussing the one-act plays included in the show. I was not familiar to any of them thus I didn't know what to expect. I am however excited at the prospect of seeing a production that is a collaboration between a Japanese theater company and our homegrown theater group. It briefly reminded me of a play that opened in Singapore last year where actors from three continents interact with each other live via satellite.

They presented two versions of "Ang Unang Aswang" and it is interesting that the Japanese version is as fluid as that of the Pinoy version. The tagalog version and "Ligaya Sa Isang Pinoy Bar" are my favorites though. Laugh out loud! And agreeing with Hogi, Yuko, playing a Filipino who knows how to speak Japanese is simply adorable.

No comments:

Site Stats