Pages

Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Pretenders


I loved TP's The Pretenders and I am doubly glad that I finished the book before watching the performance. As I was reading the book, I was wondering how they will adapt it on stage since the story is told through Carmen Villa who is reading the diaries of her deceased husband, Tony Samson. Being that it was already written in the diary, most of the events are highlights in Tony's life.

Lights and sounds played major roles in the story and the set design is ingenious. My friends and I were already discussing the significance of every prop on stage. Also, the story requires a train to pass through every now and then as transition points and how they're able to do that, you have to come and watch.

Performances are great. I loved Romnick and Kalila. Both of them are present in almost every scene and shifting from one emotion to the next is something that they've impressibly mastered.

No comments:

Site Stats