Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Frozen Yogurts

Frozen Yogurts are all the rage back in Manila. Let me just say that I'm a fan and lest Jencarps and her minions accuse me of being a "Yellow Mango" wannabe, I have been a fan way back when it was just Yogurbud. I had to go all the way to Podium just to have my fix. It's quite different now with them stores a dime a dozen. I'm not complaining though, the convenience and the healthy competition are sure to benefit us consumers.


Selle and Portia checking out the newly opened Lulu Belle at Power Plant.

During my trip last year, Rhommel introduced me to White Hat. I loved it more than I loved Yogurbud and Lulubelle. It's expanding quite rapidly too, in Glorietta alone, Jencarps and I saw two very busy outlets.


Jencarps and I didn't have froyos at White Hat though. We met up at Glorietta to try Tutti Frutti. What sets it apart from the rest is the self-serve style, no fixed price (since they charge you per ounce) and a lot of different yogurt flavors. It's like a yogurt wonderland. You have full control over how much you put in your cup, you mix and match to your heart's content. It's easy to go overboard though and end up paying too much. At 20 pesos per ounce and roughly about 8ounces per cup, it would average at about 140 pesos without toppings. 


The different flavors were so good, I had to get myself another cup after an hour of walking. 

Over at Shangri-La, I tried the much talked about and newly opened Golden Spoon. 



I wasn't so impressed with my first order, vanilla malt with caramel sauce. The sauce was really hot and they immediately poured it over the yogurt which they must have forgotten was soft serve. I received a cup of melted goop and the caramel flavor also overpowered the taste of the yogurt. 

Seeing that it must have been my poor choice of combination, I went back the next day and tried the dark chocolate flavor. It was good, nothing spectacular. I would still return if I was craving for a non-fat ice cream not yogurt.  


1 comment:

selle said...

carlo, try yoh-gurt froz! sarap din! the rest, di ko na ma-appreciate coz it's too maasim na.

Site Stats