Pages

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Good Friday 2010

Friday, I think this is the first time that all of us are on holiday. Some of us are working at contact centres so some have been required to work on legal holidays on previous occassions. As such, we all decided to have an early start. Eli booked tickets for us to go watch a movie at 2am Friday morning. We all took a nap and headed out to Woodlands to catch the screening of Clash of the Titans.


I vaguely remember watching the original film back in high school and trying desperately hard to read Edith Hamilton's Mythology.



The film was okay, I actually liked it. I just felt that the final battle scene which they were building up on was a little too short. Likewise, Medusa was Scorpion King fake which was a bit disappointing but overall it was entertaining and fun.


We got home at around 5 am, we slept a little and woke up in time for breakfast that Clarice prepared. We then got ready to go to Expo where three major events are happening. The Megatex sale, book sale and the John Little sale.



When we got there, we had a quick lunch at Burger King before heading to the John Little sale. It was not as crowded as I expected so it was not as stressful. It took us about 2 hours to check out everything on sale and about 30 minutes more queueing for the counters.


I left Clarice and Em-J and headed to the book sale just one hall down.


It might not be obvious in the picture but it was a pretty big hall with table after table of books. I was having a difficult time trying to figure out how to go about it to ensure that I get to cover each table. However, unlike last year, the selections available were not as many. When Clarice, Em-J and Eli got to the book sale, I told them to queue since it was really really long, encircling half the hall. When I finished pouring through all the books, we were still barely half way. I assumed it would take an hour more to get to the counters so I decided to just leave my stash behind. There's always next year.

We then went to the Megatex sale. Unlike the other two, this one was pretty crowded and very noisy.


Since they don't have BlackBerrys which Em-J wanted to check out, we took a look around and quickly headed out.

While we were deciding which route to take to quickly take us home, Clarice had the brightest of bright idea to head to far away Queenstown so she can get her some bags. So to complete our day, we still went there. By the time she finished, we were all too tired to still take the train so we took a cab home. I would think it's quite a productive day. My wallet's just a bit sad.

No comments:

Site Stats