Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Food Trip

I was able to accomplish much of what I needed to do during my first day which left me with ample time to eat out. One of the things that I most look forward to in Manila are the meals that I'll be having. I stick to the tried and tested comfort foods. The sad thing is I never seem to have as much appetite when I'm there.  

Our first stop is Jona's at Robinson's Pioneer. 



Is it just me or are their servings much smaller? 


It was my first time to try their lumpia and I loved it, the siomai, not so much. 


Later that afternoon, we made a quick stop at Mr. Choi's Kitchen. I remember loving their taho but we skipped that since there are better soybean curds here. 

I loved the siomai and my ultimate favorite, Chinese style spareribs. 



The fried prawn salad was just okay. 


The fried chicken which Em-J insisted on ordering and the Yang Chow fried rice are should-skips. 



Manila Scramble is creating quite a craze now, we had to come back a few times since the queue is always long. I loved it! 




Another stop is Sonja's Cupcakes. I have been craving for this little cakes for the longest time, although, I found myself removing most of the frosting since I found it way too sweet. 



With all the different restaurants over at Serendra, I always have a hard time deciding where best to eat. I was thinking of either Abe or Sentro but Em-J was not up for some Filipino dishes. We ended up at Chelsea. 






When I met up with my family, we had lunch at Gumbo's. It was my first time there and I am definitely coming back. Everything we ordered was good. 




After the filling lunch, I met up with Em-J at our favorite milk tea place, Bubble Tea. The place, instead of self-service now employs waiters who take your orders which made the wait time a bit longer than usual. Weird, they were more efficient then. (Selle, I also love Ersao and Quickly)


The trip won't be complete without having a Filipino meal. Oliver wanted to treat us to Dampa but we still had a lot to do at the mall, so we decided to just have dinner there. We ended up at Dencio's after a lot of deliberation. 





Analyn then treated us to Seattle's Best to end our day. 


Usual suspects such as Razon's Halo-Halo, Krispy Kreme, Sisig Hooray and Jollibee Chicken Joy are some of what we also had but I forgot to take pictures of. 

4 comments:

selle said...

Grabe ang daming food! Carlo on ur next trip to manila, food trip tyo nila portia :) i saw that scramble place in megamall! i wanna try it pero ang haba ng pila! And i love jonas too! super sarap ng chicken spring roll and yung suka! yum! Exxag ying serving ng rice noh? And yung sa bubble tea, parang i find their menu expensive! Parang 200 up yung price!

Carlo said...

cge cge! ang jologs ko, lumpia. hehe. spring roll nga pala yun.

ang dami nga ng tao sa manila scramble. best seller!

yung bubble tea, mahal nga siya, kaya bihira din kami pumunta. lol.

selle said...

Sabi ko kay resty when i saw the scramble, diba yan yung tinitimpla sa timba? Ang sosyal na ng scramble ngyon!

Carlo said...

inupdate ko yung post para makita mo kung nasan ung scramble, nasa mas-sosyal na timba. lol!

Site Stats