Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Xanadu


When we decided the last minute to book a trip to Manila, I checked which productions are running coinciding with my visit. My first choice was the Tagalog version of American Hwangap because of Gina Pareno, However, I read somewhere that during the said dates, there are no Tagalog performances so I got tickets for Xanadu instead (it turns out that I read wrong).

Oliver secured the tickets for me and I read a little about Xanadu online. Twitter was also buzzing with positive reviews so it got me all the more excited.

It tells the story of a muse Clio/Kira (Rachel Alejandro) who descends from Mt. Olympus to Venice Beach, CA on a quest to continually inspire Sonny (Felix Rivera), an artist in realizing his dream of building a roller disco.

It was a fun fun ride, doing a little bit of research on the musical helped since there were a few references to the movie version and 80s pop culture. Em-J was laughing out loud the entire time. We were both impressed with Rachel Alejandro, we love her and her southern and Australian accent.

We left the theatre LSS-ing on Xanadu which I think Atlantis anticipated because the program has a soundtrack included. Needless to say, we listened to the cd as soon as we got back.

No comments:

Site Stats