Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lots of TV

I was supposed to watch SRT's Blackbird today, quite excited about it. I got my tickets a month back but I was feeling sick so I decided to just stay home the whole day and rest and catch up on my downloads.


I watched returning favorites and a few new series. I was able to watch Glee, Modern Family, Hawaii Five - 0 some time within the week which leaves me with a handful more. 


Cougar Town - I watched the premiere episode twice, Jennifer Aniston guest stars. Similar to Modern Family, I love each and every cast member. They have the ability to make you laugh without really trying to hard. 


30 Rock - Now, on their 5th season and definitely still one of my favorites. I don't know why but I'm just beginning to feel sad for Liz. With Matt Damon as her partner, we all know he won't really stay long so it's another heartbreak for her. 


The Event - I was kind of hesitant to watch this first because I was afraid it might be another Lost. I did like the pilot episode, I just hope it doesn't take them too long to reveal what the event is. Another thing I liked about it is that fact that I feel like I'm watching 24, the font that they used to show the time is very 24 plus the people surrounding the black president also appeared as villains on the said series. 


Smallville - I've stopped watching the series long before Lois Lane even joined the show but being that it's already their final season and they received such positive responses when their trailer was premiered at the Comic-Con, I wanted to see what the fuss is all about. I was a bit lost but I think I'll be able to catch up. The episode was quite packed which leaves me with high hopes for the rest of remaining episodes. 


UnderCovers - Before watching the episode, I was thinking Mr. and Mrs. Smith but this one is different. Quite fun and exciting. I'll definitely be following the series. 


Chase - I'm seeing Kari Matchett in Chase's lead star, Kelli Giddish which automatically made me want to tune in. I loved it, another very exciting series. 


Bleep My Dad Says - I had such high hopes for this series but this turned out to be not so funny after all. The guy playing William Shatner's son is just not funny. He along with the actress playing the aunt is trying too hard, it's making me cringe. I don't think I'll still be watching the next episodes.


Outsourced - I'm still not sure about this one. There were some funny moments but the brand of comedy plays with stereotypes which is not at all very clever. 

What about you? What new series are you liking?

7 comments:

selle said...

carlo, youre my source of new stuff to see on tv! and dami mo pinapanood! i still have eps of grey's, gg, vampire diaries waiting for me! i couldnt keep up anymore! hehe

Carlo said...

Selle, ang dami no...hehe. I don't watch grey's na kasi. Gg naman, I haven't watched the last season yet. Parang di ko kasi masyadong gusto. Lol. Nanonood din pala ako ng Magkaribal.

selle said...

naku i dont think ud like GG either - the story is kinda shallow! pero i watch it anyway. i guess im babaw nga! haha. i try to catch magkaribal sa office! weird ng face ni gretchen no pero as usual i love their witty lines!

Carlo said...

oo nga eh, pero i like angel aquino. i watch everyday. lol. ano pang pinapanood mo?

Ziggy said...

Thanks for introducing me to the world of TV series. I'm slowly getting hooked into it. I love gLee, Cougar Town, and I kinda wanna follow Modern Family. :)

Carlo said...

You should follow Modern Family. It's the best. Lots of laugh out loud moments.

Ziggy said...

Yeah... Were sharing the same room, remember? LOL

Site Stats