Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Singapore with Good Friends

Our friends, Oliver and Analyn came by to visit again. They arrived late Wednesday night so there was really nothing to do after picking them up at the airport but head home and sleep. We had quite a late start the following day.

We waited for Em-J and Analyn, Em-J went to SingTel early to try getting his hands on an iPhone 4 while Analyn was coming over from her brother's where she spent the night.

After having their separate interviews, Oliver told us that he wanted to avoid all places hot which didn't leave us with a lot of options. We decided to just head to the cinema and watch a movie.

For lunch, I took them to, in my opinion, the best Food Republic in Singapore, the one in 313. (The one in Vivo City would've been on top of my list if only it wasn't always crowded). Most people prefer the one in Wisma Atria but I actually hate it there. It's too cramped and dark. I like this particular one because it's spacious and clean. It doesn't feel as if you're eating at a food court.






Oliver wanted some fried rice but I really don't know where to get one at the food court except for the economic rice that I love. 





He proceeded to order for all of us while I headed to get my all time favorite shrimp rice rolls and some custard at Fortunate for our appetizer and dessert. 





After the late lunch, we headed to Cathay to get tickets for Devil. We then visited Rockstar, a store I also love. They have items that are unique. It is very spacious and most important of all, the sales staff let you be. 





We then proceeded to the cinema lobby while waiting for the movie to start. 




After the movie, we proceeded to Funan to get both their netbooks. We then had dinner at Hand Burger. We all ordered the original burger since it was all our first time there. I liked the buns the most. The burger was also good but the side dishes could sure use a bit more flavor. 








It was a day well spent, lots of good food with good friends. 

No comments:

Site Stats