Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Interesting

  • A couple of weeks back, I went to Powerbooks in search of Skinny Dip but with just the British version available which is of course more expensive, I decided to look for other titles that might interest me and I ended up with Ted Dekker's Three. I haven't heard of the book yet but the story seemed exciting. (Because of the sale, I got a hefty 5% discount...you only get more than 20% discount for books that either have pages missing or are already worn out) As I settled at a restaurant and waited for my order, I noticed, after removing the plastic that the book was already worn out. The jacket has scratches and the pages are already discolored. (I should've been given more than 5%) Anyway, I went back to Powerbooks to have my purchase changed but they already have one copy left with the pages and jacket more tattered. So I guess I have to settle.

    It's interesting to note that when I went back to Powerbooks this weekend I saw the same book with the tattered pages P200 more expensive.

  • I was also at National one time and came across this book:

  • I was going through the archive of INQ7 when I chanced upon an article stating Probe's transfer from GMA7 to ABC5 despite ABS-CBN's offer. A few days later, I read on the news that Probe is going back to it's beginnings - ABS-CBN, after 18 years. I'm a Kapamilya and I love the Probe documentaries.

No comments:

Site Stats