Pages

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Observations

I temporarily said goodbye to the frenzy and the comfortable that is Sykes. It was not an easy transition mostly because of the flurry of activities that we do daily. Many thanks to those who helped especially to my boss who has been so supportive.

The past days didn't feel different. As what my friend said, it's still like being in the Philippines, the difference being that there are a lot of people talking in many different languages.
There was also no feeling of urgency. I remembered having to rush from one place to the next the few times I was here due to the limited time that we have. But now, I haven't really been to any tourist destination nor do I feel compelled to go.

1. I bought a sim card and my kababayan, the filipina, sold it $5 more expensive. How typical...I found out about it right after she registered the sim for me.

2. The saturday newspaper with all it's want ads is ridiculously thick and heavy! You can't even have it four-fold. Imagine carrying it around the rest of the day.

3. One major broadcasting company! Cable is a must if you are a tv freak. Imagine having to watch a show's ad 40 times a day till it airs a week after. Great previews though.

4. People are addicted to Sudoku. I don't think I'll even bother.




5. A man shouting at a wake is already front page news.

6. It's also a book lover's heaven. A bookstore so huge, it literally prints out a map of the bookstore for you to locate the book you're interested in.

7. Chocolates, chocolates, and more chocolates.

8. Ice cream, ice cream, and more ice cream.

Now, only if it's not as expensive.

No comments:

Site Stats