Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mixed Feelings

Last Friday, Rhommel told me that he finally received the offer that he has been waiting for. It was wonderful news for him. I was, however, itching to tell Clarice since we will both be affected by this and earlier that day, she was already asking about it. But I couldn't since it wasn't my place to do so. This week, when he finally announced it, I have to say that most of the people from our team were really surprised.

Now I ramble. I can't seem to come up with one coherent paragraph.

My realization is this, when you really really want something. It is really worth the wait. I have never seen Rhommel in such high spirits for the longest time.

I am happy and saddened at the same time and it is the weirdest feeling. I am happy because I know that no one deserves it more than he does, his persistence and patience have finally paid off. However, It will really really be sad to one day go to the office and not see his lunch box at his table.

One more thing that seriously makes me and Clarice sad is the sudden realization that our small circle is now suddenly way smaller. Also, it has made us come to terms with the fact that the two of us really need to make concrete plans now and start thinking about the not so near future.

The two of us have had minor misunderstandings but it doesn't really matter now. I just wish that when he finally has the chance to keep his word, he does. Hehehe.

No comments:

Site Stats