Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

Sizzler

One day after having buffet at Seoul Garden to celebrate Eco's birthday (post to follow since I don't have pics), Choy and I headed to Sizzler at Suntec City to eat at another buffet. Well, it's not really a full buffet, it just has an eat-all-you-can salad bar, but I can still consider this a buffet nonetheless. 

For $20 (dinner), you can have your fill from the wide selection of prepared salads, greens, dressings, pasta, fresh fruits, soups and soft serve ice creams which for me is already more than enough. For those of you who are not really salad eaters (like me), you don't have to worry since as I mentioned earlier, they have a pretty wide selection. There's so much variety that I marveled at the different salad preparations plus everything feels healthy so there's no guilt. 

The spread below is pretty long and this is just one side of the salad bar. They have another one with totally different ingredients. You mix and match, choose your own dressing and enjoy!


If you're not in the mood for a mix and match, then the prepared salads are also available. 



Here's my first attempt. Pretty tasty and I'm loving that I get to choose only the ingredients that I want in my salad. 



I also tried the spaghetti. The sauce is good but the pasta is soggy, very soggy. Feels like it's been soaked for hours. 



They also have different oils to go with your pasta but I didn't try any because I feel that they're best paired with pasta that's cooked just right.



Choy and I also ordered one main meal which already comes with the salad bar. Price range for meals would be about $25-30. Good value for money. The ribs below is a bit dry but pretty tasty and the baked potato is full of buttery goodness that I have to overlook the meal's shortcoming. 



The place has been around for quite some time. It actually feels like walking into a lobby of an old provincial hotel. Charming and nice, we spent quite a few hours just chatting there. 



Runaway winners: Soft serve ice cream, thickly sliced fresh fruits and the fresh greens.
My beef: Their staff. I didn't see a smile from any of them. I guess you really have to get used to it here. 

Upon checking their website, I realized one thing, this is actually the same restaurant that we ate at in the U.S. when I was way younger that introduced me to steaks. I'll definitely be back. 

No comments:

Site Stats