Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

GoHotels

After reading Lorna Lopez's entry about GoHotels, we decided to check-in there for our most recent Manila trip. We wanted a place that's near the malls and business centers so we can accomplish a lot given that we only have a couple of days.

The hotel is a no-frills hotel essentially adapting the concept that made budget airlines very successful. You get just the basics and you end up saving more. I think their frame of mind is that hotel guests can actually live without a luxurious lobby, a state-of-the-art gym, and a buffet breakfast among others. 

I was actually a bit skeptical about the location. I don't know why but I prefer that I get to walk around a bit, being that it's right along EDSA, I feel that it's impossible to do so. After staying there, I found out that its location is what I loved the most. It's a few feet away from Robinson's Pioneer and cabs are readily available. I actually had a harder time getting a cab from Shangri-La than here. 

You can get rooms for as low as P588 if you book way in advance, if not, rate starts at about P1,888. Check-in was smooth. I liked the lobby lighting but the sari-sari store by the elevators is actually quite a turn-off, likewise, the retractable belt barrier makes you feel as if you're at a bus station. 



A very spacious lobby is what greets you when you exit the elevators. We ended up spending a lot of time here because the wifi signal is almost non-existent in our rooms. The hallways are also pretty wide. 



With all the space outside, I expected the room to be spacious as well. I was disappointed cause it's too small  and feels cramped. The fact that we were given a window-less room added to that feeling. 

Each bed has a chiropractic and fiber-fill pillow. I didn't like the chiropractic pillow as it feels nothing more but a fancier shaped foam. The fiber-fill pillow is good though. 

The rooms get cleaned between 11am - 2pm, you can get your towels changed daily if you request them to. 

Universal sockets are only available in the bathroom and it was designed too close to each other so it's impossible to use both sockets at the same time. 


The bathroom is clean and has both hot and cold showers. One of their selling points is the rain shower which I would've liked if the water pressure is strong.




Wafer-thin soap is also provided but you're better off bringing your own. 


The walls are a bit dirty, given that the hotel is new, they should try to clean it to ensure that it looks and feels new for a long time. 



Overall, it serves its purpose. If you are on a budget, this hotel is value for money.


No comments:

Site Stats