Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Yakimix Podium

Oliver has been repeatedly telling us about Yakimix every chance he gets so it makes perfect sense for us to have lunch there for his birthday. We went to the one in Podium since it's a working lunch for him and it's the one nearest his office.

IMG_0283

I immediately noticed the hanging lamps which I liked so I tried to take a picture but was informed that photography is not allowed.

IMG_0285

If you don't already know, it's a buffet style restaurant that features a smokeless grill. I have to point out that it is indeed smokeless and you don't leave the restaurant smelling like food much like when you eat at Pepper Lunch or any similar restaurant.

IMG_0290

I don't really enjoy waiting for the food to cook so it's great that they have cooked food and sushi also available. I particularly liked the Taro dessert.

IMG_0288

Most of the what I tried were quite good. The beef and broccoli, I liked so much I went back for it. The sweet and sour fish was also nice. The lechon kawali which I was most excited for was a big let down. The pork didn't taste fresh.

IMG_0289

IMG_0295

Their cakes and other sweet treats are from Goldilocks and Red Ribbon which was perfect for my craving. They also have quite a variety of Selecta ice cream flavors, another reason to save room for dessert.

IMG_0297

IMG_0298



3 comments:

selle said...

Carlo, I didn't enjoy Yakimix when we tried it before. The food was relatively okay but overwhelming!

selle said...

And yes, bawal to take photos! May picture ako by the buffet table tas background ko yung mga ilaw then may malaking kamay sa likod ko! Sinabihan kami bawal! Grrr!

Carlo said...

Selle, I actually read your entry about Yakimix first kaya my expectations were not that high. Tapos I purposely ate just a little kasi I still have a dinner date that day.

I really can't understand why some establishments don't allow taking of photos. Double Grrr!

Site Stats