Pages

Sunday, August 07, 2011

Noel's 30th

I have been feeling a bit bogged down with so many things thus the lack of posts and I owe it to Analyn and her friend, my only two loyal readers who reminded me to post an update.

For Noel's birthday (today), we were supposed to go to Batam but because it took a while for everyone to confirm if they're joining the trip, we had no choice but to postpone it to next Saturday but we couldn't let his special day pass without celebrating it so we decided to have just a simple dinner.

Noel was very indecisive so everything was very last minute. We decided to go to Holland Village and try a Mexican restaurant for something different.

Since we were all unfamiliar with the place, we decided to take the train to Orchard and take a cab from there.

IMG_0530

DSC_0018

IMG_0535

Abby, Eco, Em-J and I got there first and I loved the different vibe of the place. It feels like a beach is just nearby.

IMG_0538

IMG_0540

IMG_0541

We all played it safe with our orders at Cha Cha Cha.

IMG_0543

IMG_0544

I decided on the beef burrito which was a bit too messily served to my liking, nevertheless, I did enjoy the flavors.

IMG_0552

IMG_0553

We washed all the food down with a glass of margarita.

IMG_0562

IMG_0561

We were still planning to go to Clarke Quay but the birthday celebrant wasn't feeling too well so we decided to just have dessert.

IMG_0583

IMG_0589

We shared a fondue and a couple more specialty ice cream creation which we all enjoyed.

IMG_0597

IMG_0603

IMG_0604

We headed home at nearly 12. Here's Abby while waiting for a cab.

DSC_0061

The celebration continued at home with a little videoke.

Don't mind my sheets which I hung to dry. I had the best spot as I was sound asleep a few minutes after the session started.

DSC_0073

Abby and Eco, being the sweetest, bought a birthday cake for him just now.

IMG_0629

Happy birthday, Lo!

5 comments:

Noel said...

Wow! Thanks for this entry Carlz! A memorable day indeed!

analyn cute said...

na pressure ka ba namen hehehe...well it made you hit your blog again and have us a good read :) ill soon check out holland village, ngayun ko lng sha nalaman :)

Carlo said...

okay lang yun, analyn. tama nga para ma-update ko na rin to eh. punta tayo! nag-enjoy ako dun. malapit lang siya sa orchard.

Matthew said...

Carlo, your friends seem so fun! I like "Cha Cha Cha"'s logo, but what is with that burrito??! I can't believe they didn't roll it up! What's in the second food photo, though, which looks awesome - a roasted orange? The ice cream fondue also looks amazing! (and props to Abby for workin' it in EVERY photo of her, lol)

Carlo said...

i was actually weirded out by how the burrito looks like. the 2nd photo is some kind of fish, i forgot what it was. abby is, indeed, a great subject for a photo op.

Site Stats