Pages

Saturday, September 08, 2012

My All Time Favorite Filipino Movies

Jessica Zafra posted an all time favorite Filipino movies poll here and it got me thinking about my own ten. I actually have a little more and I thought of sharing it here as well, in no particular order:

Pisay - This was one of the movies that generated a lot of buzz during 2007's Cinemalaya and with good reason. Honestly, before watching this film, I didn't know what Pisay was. 

pisay-the-movie

100 - I became a fan of Chris Martinez after watching this movie. I was able to catch one of the last few screenings during 2008's Cinemalaya at CCP's conference room, I think. Even if the seats were uncomfortable, I didn't mind because I was having the time of my life. 

100lakeposterfinal

Endo - Beautiful romantic movie, I immediately urged Clarice to watch this film after seeing this. 

new_endo_poster

Azucena

Sidhi

sidhi2big

Tuhog - In the height of TF films, Jeffrey Jeturian came out with this film about sensationalism and how sex sells in cinema. 

tuhog

Jay - Well deserved award for Baron Geisler. It's a jarring look at how "real" news docus are.



Kakabakaba Ka Ba? - I remember watching this movie on TV with my cousin, Shobe and just having fun. Every time we'd find this on, we'd end up watching it again.

Kakabakaba_Ka_Ba_1980
Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin - If only for the scene in the kitchen. Oliver and I both love this movie.

Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin-93- MaricelS-GabbyC- b&w-sf

Kimmy Dora

5609_131929675971_123546665971_3145828_8310074_n

Mano Po 2 - This movie came out at the time of my lolo's passing, almost 20 of us trooped to the cinema to watch this and we were all able to relate to it. It helps that Zsazsa sings my favorite Teresa Teng song. 

mano-po-2

Sa Aking Mga Kamay - This was the first Filipino suspense film that made me jump out of my seat and I remember feeling very proud that we are capable of delivering a suspenseful film.

Magnifico - I still cry, up to now, when watching this film.

magnifico

Zombadings, Patayin sa Shokot si Remington

zombadings poster (400 x 551)

Kinatay - This film I wouldn't watch again because I found this to be scary and disturbing because of how very real everything felt.

l_1423592_f99728ea

Bulaklak ng Maynila - I was surprised that I actually liked this film.

VPI-DVD-99-036--Bulaklak_ng_maynila--P_6b9f0412-a1ff-4f22-9520-a0f4058afd0c

One More Chance - Popoy and Basha.

onemorechanceposter

My Amnesia Girl

my-amnesia-girl

Here Comes the Bride

HCTB

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One More Chance lang ang napanood ko sa list na ito, hahaha. Try to get a copy of Ang Babae sa Septic Tank. Super funny.

Carlo said...

Hahaha! Hogs, I've seen it. Funny nga siya, twice ko pinanood. Hehe.

analyn toribs said...

kimi dora, one more chance &....100 na pinanuod mo sa kin na nakakaiyak :)

Site Stats