Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Cake Club, Bonifacio High Street

I was craving ensaymadas, the special ones that can be bought either at The Bakeshop, Coffee.com or at Diamond Hotel. Micah and I actually went hotel hopping late at night as I was on the look out for them special kind. Sadly, Coffee.com ran out while Diamond Hotel's lobby restaurant was closed.

This led me to head to The Cake Club by Diamond Hotel in Bonifacio High Street a week after.
IMG_6620

It was pretty quiet when we got there.
IMG_6619
IMG_6618

I initially planned on ordering just desserts so I can try a lot but Em-J wanted to have his meal first which also led me to order a meal for myself. 

Em-J decided on the Baked Salmon on Risotto (455 PHP, 14 SGD) while I had the Grilled Reuben (310 PHP, 9.5 SGD). I loved both our orders, the flavors were very subtle and I couldn't stop eating.
IMG_6625
IMG_6623

We also got ourselves an order of truffle fries (180 PHP, 6 SGD) which we can't do without anytime we see one on the menu. 
IMG_6622

By the time we got to our desserts, we were already full. 

I had the cheesecake while Em-J had the chocolate cake. I, maybe, had my hopes too high but the desserts were just so so. I did like the intricate detail on the chocolate cake.  (Desserts at 250 PHP, 7.5 SGD each)
IMG_6628
IMG_6626

I guess, I'll have to come back to try the other non-traditional desserts. And what about my ensaymada? I ended up not getting one because I was too full, I couldn't bear to think of ordering anything extra. 

 



The Cake Club
UG Level, East Superblock
7th Avenue cor 29th Street
Bonifacio Global City
Taguig City

2 comments:

Christine Cadlum said...

Umuwi ka ulit? Kelan? Or late post nanaman ito? Hahaha!

Carlo said...

Hey Hogi! Late post lang. Haha. Ang dami ko pang backlog.

Site Stats