Pages

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Return to Oz

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

One of my all time favorite movies when I was a kid was "Return to Oz". I must've watched it more than a dozen times. I also bought the illustrated book of the movie as well as several coloring books. Thinking about it now, I am surprised as to how vividly I still recall most of the scenes in the movie particularly the one where the princess that Dorothy meets takes her to a hall where different heads are displayed and I remember everytime I'd watch it, I'd wish for the princess to pick a less menacing head.

My introduction to it's predecessor came much much later. In fact, I didn't know that The Wizard of Oz even existed. We were staying at my aunt's house when my parents decided to watch it. I fell asleep halfway through the film. I didn't like it because I was disappointed that the Tin Man was a person in make-up as are the Cowardly Lion and the Scarecrow. The yellow brick road was not made of real bricks and Oz did not look as spectacular as I remember it.

The book's pages tattered and torn, the betamax no longer in fashion, I soon outgrew Oz. Then came Wicked.

I downloaded the entire soundtrack after falling in love with Defying Gravity which I chanced upon in Tuxq's playlist. This sudden interest was brought about by Hogi saying that she has a video of the musical and upon finding out online that rights to mount the show is not yet available.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have been searching for a copy of Wicked (novel) for two weeks now to no avail. I saw one at Bibliarch last Saturday, unfortunately, it has already been reserved. I also wanted to revisit "The Wizard of Oz" so when I saw the remastered 2-disc DVD at AstroPlus, I immediately grabbed it. (side-note: after the longest time, I finally saw Romy and Michelle on video so I also bought it along with a remastered version of Cats). Return to Oz was not available, however, so I'm patiently downloading it in my PC. Too bad that there's not a lot of seeders so it's taking a lot longer than usual.


No comments:

Site Stats