Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

Avenue Q

Last Saturday, I finally got the chance to watch Avenue Q at the RCBC (thanks to Hogi!). I frankly didn't expect much since I wasn't sure if the the Manila production would be able to pull it off. Not that I have anything to base it on but the musical is so different, to quote them "it's a new breed of musical", that it's scary to expect too much.

The show, however, blew me away! It's laugh-out-loud good! Though I am already familiar with the songs where you can already surmise the plot, the experience is totally different.

The actors, most of them veterans of the stage, still managed to surprise me with their talent. Hats off to Rachel Alejandro whose seamless transition from the sweet Kate Monster to the seductive Lucy the Slut is already worth your ticket price. Ditto to Felix Rivera whose on stage a lot as Princeton and Rod. The biggest revelation, however, is Frenchie Dy. She is perfect as Christmas Eve! We luurve her!!!!

Avenue Q is already on it's 2nd week! Hurry and get your tickets now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

Site Stats