Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Over Too Soon

A trip to Manila has always been one that most overseas foreign workers look forward to. I can say that I'm a bit lucky because it's just a few hours away from where I'm based and thanks largely to budget airlines, airfare has been very affordable.

It's a chance to spend some time with family and friends. A chance to stock up on canned goods and processed meats that are distinctly Filipino. A vacation is never complete without a stop to the grocery to get that tender juicy hotdog, tocino, longganisa and even tinapa! As for me, Cow Label and a tin of biscuits (how probinsyano) are always in order.

The trip did go by in a breeze. Seems to me that Choy and I were still enjoying our seats with extra leg room en route to Manila and now here I am, back at my desk, working.

No matter how long the vacation is, it's never enough. There's always something to do, getting that very affordable foot spa or massage, meeting up with friends or sometimes even as simple as laying in bed listening to the familiar and sometimes annoying sound of tricycles and jeepneys roaring by.

It's over too soon but I'll sure be back.

No comments:

Site Stats