Pages

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Best Ice Cream in Town


While waiting for Willie at 313@Somerset, I discovered Maggie Moos. They serve the best ice cream ever, at least in my opinion. I was drawn to it because of the wonderfully bright colored ice creams.



When I approached the treatery, I found out that their flavors are unique and fun (Very Yellow Marshmallow, Brownie Batter, Choco Mallo). As with most ice cream place, they willingly allow you to try the flavors first. I tried a couple before deciding on Very Yellow Marshmallow and Red Velvet. I loved them both. I normally order just a small cup to watch my sugar intake but I really had to make an exception here.


I came back a few days after and had the Red Velvet and Brownie Batter below:


I asked Em-J, who is not a fan of anything sweet, to try them. He declined several times and when he finally did, he finished half the entire cup. I had to forcibly take the cup from him. It's that good! It's very flavorful and the consistency is smooth and gooey.

When Willie arrived, we headed to Marché for dinner. They also serve good ice cream there but we had to skip it and return to Maggie Moos. I tried a few other flavors, all very good. Willie ordered the Cotton Candy flavored ice cream and he says that it brings back a lot of childhood memories.


Apart from the regular ice cream flavors, they also serve other treats. I saw these cute ice cream cupcakes also:


If you don't like your ice cream plain then you can choose from their mix-ins and have it hand mixed with your ice cream ala Cold Rock  or simply choose from their fresh escapes.



Apart from those, they also have ice cream sandwiches, ice cream cakes, shakes, and ice cream pints. You can check out their full menu here and here.

We now always make excuses just to get our Maggie Moos fix. In fact tomorrow, we'll all head to Orchard after work to have more treats! Yum! 

No comments:

Site Stats