Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pique Nique

IMG_2392

Em-J had no idea and no plan as to where he wants to celebrate his 30th. I suggested that we try Pique Nique at Ngee Ann City so we all met up at Orchard last Sunday.

IMG_2382

I am drawn to restaurants that serve all day breakfast and that have simple but cute interiors.

IMG_2390

IMG_2398

The menu is simple. What's inside the menu is essentially already on the board. They have Cheeseburgers, Hotdogs, Macaroni and Cheese and All Day Breakfast. They have different toppings for each main menu item so you'll have about 7 - 8 different cheeseburgers to choose from.

IMG_2385

Since we were a big group, I took the liberty of taking everyone's orders and writing it down in a piece of paper and I relayed it to the waitstaff.

IMG_2396

My all time breakfast favorite would have to be Eggs Benedict so it's a no-brainer for me. I also wanted to try their cheeseburger so Em-J and I shared the Baconator.

The Eggs Benedict was okay, I just didn't like that the bread was cold and hard. You know how when you toast your bread and then you leave it out for a long time, it becomes hard and difficult to eat. That's what the bread was like.

IMG_2414

The cheeseburger was good but as Em-J pointed out, how can they call it the Baconator when it only has one strip of bacon in it.

IMG_2410

My least favorite from everything that we ordered would have to be the Caesar Salad, the dressing was fishy and was grayish in color.

IMG_2406

I notice now that this post is starting to look like I didn't enjoy my time there. Don't get me wrong, I did. I would actually be back. I just wanted to share some things that we feel they could improve on.

Here's the rest of what we ordered.

Scrambled Eggs - Philly Cheesesteak

IMG_2408

2 Egg, Bacon and Toast

IMG_2407

Macaroni and Cheese and that's not a dollop of sour cream, that's actually a poached egg.

IMG_2409

Hotdog Sandwich

IMG_2411

and ice cream for dessert.

IMG_2418

IMG_2417

Em-J also had the Bailey's milkshake which he really really liked.

IMG_2405

I so wanted to try the red velvet cupcake and their whoopie pies but there's simply no more room.

IMG_2384

Thanks Em-J for the birthday treat. We all had fun.

IMG_2415

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute guy in red (happy bday!)

Site Stats