Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Manila, Manila

Em-J and I had a quick trip to Manila a couple of weeks ago and it was our first time to stay in the capital itself. CCP was very busy in the early morning with joggers, I wanted to jog along with the crowd but I didn't bring my running shoes. Harbour Square was also busy with almost a hundred people joining the public dance class.

IMG_3927

To do a little bit of shopping, we went to SM Mall of Asia and I chanced upon the Manila Eye (I don't know what it's really called) and if we had the time, I would have wanted to have a go at it.

IMG_3968

IMG_3965

IMG_3952

IMG_3951

We had dinner at Cafe Adriatico for some Filipino fare. I tried the Tamarind shake which I didn't quite like, our mains were a tad bit salty but were quite okay. I enjoyed Claude's dream, a fancy sounding name for the buko pandan dessert.

IMG_3956

IMG_3959

IMG_3960

IMG_3961

IMG_3963

IMG_3964

Sunday was our free day and we headed back to the mall to have some lunch and to do a little bit of grocery shopping. Em-J was craving for sisig so we ended up at Congo. Funny but I forgot to take a photo of the sisig.

IMG_3985

I ordered the bagnet which was not any different from the thin fried pork strips of the tokwa't baboy dish. Very disappointing.

IMG_3987

IMG_3989

IMG_3986

We smelled strongly of food so we had to head back and change before going to CCP to catch Eyeball. Although I already knew what was coming, the ending of Doc Resureccion still jolted me and left me very uneasy.

IMG_3994

I then met up with my sister and Hogi before the evening performance of Mamma Mia.

IMG_3997

IMG_3999

IMG_3996

IMG_4000

IMG_4004

We all had a great time so we'll definitely be back for the next big musical.

IMG_4005

IMG_4006

It was a short and tiring but quite a worthwhile trip. Here's Em-J already in his uniform as he needs to head to work.

IMG_4014

And here I am running on 3 hours of sleep and very much looking like it.

IMG_4015

No comments:

Site Stats