Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru

Citrus Hotel is located just across City Square. Its location is perfect if you're looking at a place near immigration which is exactly what Em-J wanted. From City Square, exit out of the office side of the building near McDonald's and cross the street.

IMG_4211

IMG_4198

The area reminded me a bit of Chinatown in Manila, there are outside eateries just nearby and some stores at the checkpoint are open till 11pm if you find yourself hungry late at night.

I arrived at the hotel at 3pm and they asked me to wait while they are checking me in.

IMG_4150

The lobby looked like a simple boutique hotel and wifi was pretty strong. (I realize later that it might not have been the hotel's wifi that I've been using since theirs is password protected.)

I followed up with them 10 minutes after but they're still not done. Weird cause there's only one group checking in before me and there are, at that time, 2 front desk staff there.

After a 45-minute wait, this is what the lobby looked like, lots of people waiting for what should be a simple check in procedure. I would totally understand this if I came for an early check-in but I didn't.

IMG_4151

I was finally given my room and I headed straight to the elevators which would fit about 4 average adults. The hallway smelled faintly of rice sacks as if you're in a warehouse.

The family room was very spacious which was a surprise.

IMG_4152

IMG_4153

It did look a bit bare with just the minimums. A couple of beds, a desk and a TV, right behind the wall is a pretty big wardrobe with a mirror for a door which was nice. I also noticed that the floor by the foot of the bed is uneven.

IMG_4154

The bathroom looked like a bathroom from someone's flat but the good thing about it is that it's quite spacious. Just don't forget to switch on the heater from outside before taking your shower. What I particularly didn't like about it is that the bathroom door has no lock.

IMG_4155

IMG_4156

While it comes with free wifi, don't get your hopes up, it was almost non-existent. We called the front desk several times and we were given a username with a number from 1 - 30. We had to try each one to see what would work and when it did connect, it didn't stick.

It also comes with free breakfast at the cafe on the 2nd floor.

IMG_4200

IMG_4203

IMG_4204

Breakfast was a simple affair but I have to point out that the service was superb. The people from the front desk should learn a thing or two from the waitstaff there.

Overall, while there are minor inconveniences, it's a good enough place to stay at.

No comments:

Site Stats