Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Titanic in 3D

Titanic 3D-Camp B-1

I'm one of those who never tire of watching a good movie over and over and say what you want but Titanic isn't just a good movie, it's a great movie in my book. I loved it when it was first released and I still do.

However, while I love the movie, I'm not a die hard fanatic so I don't have the special edition DVDs and I haven't downloaded the movie and stored it in my hard disk and I haven't seen it in such a long time.

When I saw the trailer for the first time in the theater a week back, I got all excited. I had a whiff of nostalgia and I remembered watching it with my family and having a really great cinematic experience.

Having the chance to watch it on the big screen again is something that I wouldn't pass up. Frankly, I don't care much for 3D but if there's one movie that deserves to be 3D-ified, it's this. I can just imagine how majestic Titanic will look.

With invites from Omy, we headed to Plaza Singapura last night for the special preview.

Both a critical and commercial success, the hype surrounding it and it's very famous theme song had a bit of a negative effect. People started to feel that need to distance themselves from the hype. Up to now, check your Twitter timeline once it's finally re-released and you're sure to see a lot of negative jabs at the movie but I refused to be sucked in. As soon as the lights dimmed, I sat back and allowed myself to experience the wonderful journey that it truly is again.

I suggest everyone go to the theaters on April 5, leave your inhibitions out the door and see the movie again as if you're seeing it for the first time.

No comments:

Site Stats