Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Are You Using the Web to Check-In For Your Flight?

You should.

Why?

1. Skip the Queue - When my uncle told me about checking in online last December, I tried it on a Jetstar flight to Singapore and was quite glad that I did. A dedicated web check-in counter is available at the airport which allowed me to skip the queue and save time.

2. Choose Your Seat - On my recent trip to Bangkok via Thai airways, I forgot to do so and I spent almost half an hour waiting. What's worse is that I ended up in the middle seat squeezed between two big guys. I forgot to mention that another benefit of web check-in is that you get to choose your seat.

The night before my trip back to Singapore, I made sure to use the online check-in facility. Good thing I did because I saw that I was once again assigned a middle seat. I was able to change my seat selection and check myself in which just two simple clicks.

3. Pre-Flight Time - I also noticed that instead of two hours prior, you can show up at the airport just an hour before your scheduled flight.

clip

The photo above is the reminder I got stating that I have to be at check-in counter at least 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.

This is what greeted me when I arrived at the airport at 5 in the morning.

IMG_4499

IMG_4498

The crazy long queues I skipped and was out of there in less than 10 minutes.

I normally fly budget and good thing is that they also offer this service.

1. Air Asia: It's actually better to check-in online because you avoid paying counter check-in fees which are imposed on domestic flights, they also have printing terminals at some airports to allow you to print the boarding pass yourself

Air Asia: http://www.airasia.com/my/en/myflights/mciguides.page

2. Cebu Pacific: If I'm not mistaken, they offered this service for a fee before but have since removed it.

Cebu Pacific: http://www.cebupacificair.com/travel-services/web-check-in.html

3. Jetstar: http://www.jetstar.com/sg/en/planning-and-booking/checking-in/web-check-in

4. Tiger's not offering the service yet but from the site, it should be available soon.

Tiger: http://www.tigerairways.com/sg/en/webcheckin_guide.php

5. PAL's not offering the service.

2 comments:

Hogi said...

Too bad na PAL doesn't offer this service. Yung mas hassle pa with my last flight with PAL, they double-booked my seat as well as my friend's, so we ended up having to wait until the flight attendant had to double check and re-assign us to different seats. Kaloka.

Carlo said...

Nakakapagtaka nga Hogi eh parang almost every airline meron na tapos sila, major carrier, wala. Ang hassle naman ng nangyari sa inyo. Buti na lang may seats pang available.

Site Stats