Pages

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Casa Tartufo

Truffles have been one of the recent rages in the foodie scene. I'm half expecting McDonald's to come up with truffle flavored fries anytime soon, if they can come up with a "macaron" sundae, surely they can come up with a mass produced "truffle" flavoring.

I admit I'm not really a foodie and my taste buds are not as discerning and I've also just recently fallen in love with truffles when everyone else has already been raving about it. 

As part of the restaurant week celebration, we tried Casa Tartufo last Sunday, it's also known as the "House of Truffles" so I was excited to try truffles with more than just fries. 

The restaurant is located at the ground level of the Forum in Orchard.

IMG_4246

I loved the overall feel of the restaurant. It was very homey and welcoming, it also helps that everyone was very friendly. The owners even went out of their way to make little conversation and even took the time to take our photo.

IMG_4235

IMG_4238

They have an extensive wine list but sadly I'm really not a drinker and I know next to nothing about pairing so I just had water. We were first offered a bread basket while waiting for our soup. The first course is a choice between the soup of the day or deep fried sardines. Em-J and I decided on the soup. Actually, we ended up ordering the same thing for the three courses.

IMG_4234

I forgot to ask what the soup of the day was and for the life of me, I couldn't quite figure it out. It was just alright. 

IMG_4239

We had the porcini stuffed ravioli with mushrooms for our main course. I liked this dish and while we initially thought the serving was a bit too small, it ended up to be just right. I just felt that the ravioli was a bit overcooked.

IMG_4241

Our dessert of truffle ice cream was very interesting. The owner explained the process of making it so our curiosity was piqued.

IMG_4244

It was very good, my favorite part of the meal. Your first bite hints of vanilla sweetness, as you continue to savor the spoonful of dessert, an explosion of truffle goodness hits you. Too good for words!

I'll be back for this dessert alone.

You can check the website here and their regular menu here.

Special set lunch menu price for restaurant week: $40++, $10++ for the still water.

Restaurant week happens again in October, you can register early here to be able to reserve two days earlier than the rest.

1 comment:

Ziggy said...

I loved the ambiance, the food, the people! I wanna go back there! :D

Site Stats