Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tim Ho Wan, Singapore

After reading Mon's post about Tim Ho Wan and missing it in Hong Kong, I made sure that visiting the restaurant would be on top of my list when I return to Singapore.
IMG_0463

We arrived just after lunch and found the queue to be a bit manageable.  It was a good half an hour wait but we kept ourselves busy fiddling with our phones which was what majority of the people were doing.
IMG_0462
IMG_0465
IMG_0466

We were actually lucky as when we came back the next day, the queue started right outside the mall!

To make you salivate more, the menu is handed out as you're nearing the podium.
IMG_0468

As only one set of char siew buns is allowed per diner, we decided to maximize it and order a set each. This turned out to be a good decision as they were delicious.  Seriously, the best char siew buns I've had.
IMG_0477

While I was extremely happy and satisfied with the buns, the rest of our orders were just okay.  They were good but nothing that you can't have better elsewhere.

Pork Dumpling with Shrimp (S$5)
IMG_0486

Glutinous Rice Dumpling (S$5)
IMG_0478
IMG_0485

Steamed Beancurd Skin Roll (S$4)
IMG_0476

Steamed Egg Cake ($3.8)
IMG_0479

Fried Beancurd Skin (S$5.5)
IMG_0487

Shrimp Vermicelli Roll  (S$5.5)
IMG_0481

Tonic Medlar & Osmanthus Cake (S$3.5)
IMG_0488

I would definitely queue again for their buns the next time I fly back but I doubt my friends would. 



Tim Ho Wan
Plaza Singapura Atrium Space, 68 Orchard Road, #01-29A

No comments:

Site Stats