Pages

Monday, January 22, 2007

Literary Gems

Hogi and Zsahli both attest to the fact that "Last Order sa Penguin" is a great and fun read. Zsahli told me that she'll lend me her book but after hearing what she went through just to get her own copy I realized that it must really be good so I decided to look for a copy myself.

I finally saw a one at National Bookstore in Glorietta last Thursday and also seeing F. Sionil Jose's "The Pretenders" in the same aisle, I decided to purchase both books. I've always wanted to read the Rosales novels but I just keep putting it off. What finally triggered me to pick up a copy of the 4th novel last Thursday was the fact that we'll be watching Tanghalang Pilipino's adaptation on Friday courtesy of Ms. Yvette and I wanted to at least be aware of what it's about.

I finished Last Order in one sitting and am halfway through with The Pretenders. I immensely enjoyed the first book and find the last one very interesting and deeply absorbing. If you're into reading, go get your own copies. Another great thing is that both books cost less than P300. Less than what you'll pay for the ho-hum contemporary novel that you'll most likely pick up the next time you're at the bookstore.

2 comments:

jencarps said...

may The Pretenders ako sana nanghiram ka na lang diber

jencarps said...

Meron akong The Pretenders! Sana nanghiram ka na lang saken diba.

Site Stats