Pages

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Bakerzin

I was craving for macarons a couple of weeks back and it didn't help that I saw Monica's Pierre Hermé post in Facebook. I dropped by TWG and got me a sampler ($2 each) and while I liked some of their flavors, there were a few pieces that I didn't. I need to find me some really good ones.



I eventually ended up at Bakerzin in Yishun the following day. I've actually never been to any of their stores which is kind of a surprise since I'm always on the look out for good pastries and they are quite well known here in Singapore to offer some of the best. I guess I just always associated Bakerzin with the name Baker's Inn which doesn't sound too enticing.

Anyway, they have the pre-packed macarons ($8 for 6 pieces), I didn't get the chance to choose the flavors which is fine since if I'm not getting the pre-packed ones there were only three flavors to choose from.







Let me just say that it was love at first bite for me. I loved the flavors! If I have one gripe about their sweet little pastries is that I found that most of them don't have the crisp shell. It was chewy all throughout.

I loved their macarons so much that I decided to eat at Bakerzin the next day. I got even more impressed when I saw their menu. You can tell that a lot of thought was placed in conceptualizing it.





I tried the seafood puff pastry which was very tasty and I have to say they didn't scrimp on the ingredients.


They also have set meals which are quite affordable if you want a little of everything.



I then tried their Chocolate soufflé and the Bailey's Irish Cream soufflé. I liked the chocolate, it was light and fluffy but packs a flavor. I especially like the vanilla ice cream, anytime I see vanilla beans, I'm sold. The other one, I'd skip.







I still have my eye on a few more of their desserts. I'm just glad that I gave Bakerzin a try. 

No comments:

Site Stats